Sunday, October 28, 2012

Through the valley

I think I already wrote this on facebook but want to make sure to document it here for my own sake.

On the way to the hospital I was full of fear yet somehow calmed by knowing I was on my way to the help I needed. I just had a sense of something lurking around the corner and an urgency to prepare for it. I turned on 107.1 (the Christian station for my non-Des Moinesers) and prayed for strength and courage. This song rang out as I was round the corner for Mercy and I just sat there listening and crying telling God, "If you want me to I will go. I will walk this walk. I am here and YOU are with me. Carry me through this" I know this sounds insane but it happened and I'm so thankful for the small bit of preparation that the Lord blessed me with that night. It, of course, didn't completely prepare me but it connected me to my faith and to a source of strength outside of myself and for that I'm truly grateful!


1 comment:

  1. I wanted you to hear this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLgkt3OCMCc

    It's from "A Night In Rocketown" which is a live record with a bunch of different artists. But this was the first version I ever heard and it has stuck with me, and gotten me through some difficult times.

    ReplyDelete