Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Bursting with joy!

Today was yet another rough day of sitting at home anxiously waiting to find out how Cooper was doing, but those hours of unease were washed away the second my boy was in my hands.

When I walked into his room he was laying behind his plastic walls wide eyed. I was able to pump and then make our first attempt at "nuzzling". I can't even explain the excitement! It was our first chance to bond through nursing...a sweet luxury I had with Ellie just 45 minutes after she was born. Things are oh so different this time around. Coop felt so tiny and delicate in my hands. He always had but I had never really tried to maneuver him the way I needed to tonight, and that made him all the more fragile to me. I got him in the right position and to my absolute delight he began to suck. He was so cozy and knew just what to do. I was in complete awe. After a short while his eyes began to droop and his mouth fell slack. My tiny boy had worn himself out. I laid him on my chest and stared at his precious dreaming face. How blessed am I?! It all rushed over me and I began to tear up. Tears of joy this time...what a beautiful moment. A pure and true vision of love in all it's glory. Thank you Lord for the unmatched joys of motherhood.

I held my boy in the silence of our room for 3 hours. We dozed off and on and just enjoyed each others warmth. Then the sad moment came to put him back into his isolation. I wasn't thrilled about it. Then our nurse Kristen (who we adore) said, "would you like to dress him?" The smile flashed back onto my face as I reached for the big bag of clothes I've been dying to use. We kept it simple...just a onesie to make sure he didn't over heat since he's still in his temperature controlled omnibed. Once he's in a crib we'll get to use the outfits and jammies that I can't wait to see him in. For now his cars onesie was the choice...what could be more perfect for our mini Cooper's first fashion photo shoot!? 





1 comment:

  1. God is indeed GOOD! I am in awe at your strength and determination to be an advocate! Just what this world and Cooper needs - especially when drs don't tell you the whole truth all the time! Keep up the great work Mommy! Praising God with you!

    ReplyDelete