Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Feeder and Grower



The term I longed to hear associated with our boy has finally been attached to his name! Our Cooper is official "healthy" enough to be labeled as a "feeder and grower!!!" Neil quietly crept into the house last night from visiting Cooper and woke me with the news that our boy is officially just working on getting bigger and strong enough to come home with us!!!! The nurse told him last night that we need to bring our carseat in within the next 2 weeks to test it out! I can't even explain the excitement of hearing that news. I have been looking at the carseat for weeks and it always saddened me, but now, now, it brings joy and new light! My heart swelled with happiness at the great news...our boy is taking steps toward coming home and each day is a little closer to our family being together as one unit under ONE roof!




Since he's working on eating and growing I get the honor of giving weight and length updates now instead of tests and results updates. Another small yet tremendous joy of our new place in our new world. Cooper was born at 3lbs 9oz, gained a TON of water weight with all of his edema but I'm thrilled to say that is gone and his new weight gain is the good kind! The kind we long for and pray continues rapidly! Our boy is weighing in at 4lbs 8oz now and we couldn't be prouder! He gained an entire 3oz yesterday alone! He is amazing and we can't say it enough. Our boy is such a gift! A gift we can't wait to bring home for the world to enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment